MVBC 2020 Season is suspended until further notice, due to COVID-19
Date Posted: 3/13/2020
To the Marlton Volleyball Club Family:
As the outbreak of the novel (new) coronavirus, known as COVID-19, continues to evolve, we write on behalf of MVBC to assure you that your child’s health and safety are our top priorities.
USAV, KRVA and GEVA have notified us:
USA Volleyball is recommending that all USAV- sanctioned events scheduled through March 22 be postponed or canceled to ensure the welfare and safety of our athletes, spectators and staff. We are monitoring the situation on a daily basis and will provide periodic updates as information becomes more apparent.
Then, today, the Lenape Regional High School District posted a letter that announced:
LRHSD is cancelling or postponing all events hosted in our school buildings and field trips. We are also notifying any outside community groups/organizations utilizing our indoor facilities their event is cancelled. And, in an effort to limit our students and staff to potential exposures, visitors, guest speakers, volunteers will be restricted at our school buildings.
Complete lists of event and trip cancellations up until Spring Break are posted on our websites and will be updated as extensions to the timeline may be necessary. (lrhsd.org)
We have no choice but to suspend our season, at least through Spring Break, April 13-17. We will continue to monitor the current COVID-19 status.
The LRHSD letter also states: As of this writing, there are NO students or staff in Burlington County who have the Coronavirus.
This is certainly a rapidly changing situation, and we will continue to monitor conditions. If our practice spaces are once again deemed safe and made available to us, we will continue our practice days as previously planned.
If you have immediate concerns, you are encouraged to reach out to Lisa or Linda. You are a valued member of our MVBC family. Please do not hesitate to contact our office at any time. Coronavirus, or COVID-19, continues to be an evolving situation, and we want to keep you informed about our MVBC initiatives to prepare for and respond to this issue. Jim, Linda & Lisa are continually monitoring the situation in coordination with state and federal public health officials.
Please know that our highest priority is your health and safety. We will keep our website up to date with news and FAQs, and we will update our community via email as needed. Once we know for certain if we will be able to resume any of our practices or tournaments, we will address what possible refunds we may be able to make.
We want to express at this time that we understand the seriousness of this potential disease but do not want to promote panic. Below is important information about actions you may need to take now. Educate yourself, practice good hygiene and trust all will be well!